In the context of the Streetlight-EPC project, an EPC (Energy Performance Contracting) facilitation service is available in all 9 partner regions. Facilitation services can be contacted at the addresses below - we look forward to your questions!
This service supports municipalities and (potential) ESCOs in preparing and implementing streetlight refurbishment projects with EPC. Quick checks, guides and FAQs on streetlight EPC are available in the respective languages and information events are held.
The practical support to the establishment of EPC markets in the partner regions is one of the key activities of the project partners. Since the start of 2015, the facilitation service has been delivering information and specific support in the 9 partner regions with significant results:
- 31 events with over 1,070 participants were held
- 103 completed quick-checks were collected
- more than 210 enquiries (advices) were answered and documented
- more than 240 "FAQs" (with answers) are available on the partner websites
- 51 bi-lateral meetings were held with banks and financing organisations and report on regional/national funding sources were prepared.
Frequent issues coming up in the advice service were questions relating to the legal framework for EPC, procurement issues including the relevance for public debt, the technical documentation needed, the contents of tender documents, the specific steps in preparing an EPC project, the possibility to combine EPC with other funding programmes, already implemented EPC projects in the region as well as technical requirements and quality criteria.
The facilitation services can be contacted at: